Quick Setup Guide forAustron 2100T LORAN Timing ReceiverThis is a cheat-sheet for initial setup of Austron 2100T LORAN-C receiver.
Establishing Tracking and TimingTo lock to a LORAN station and set PPS
- Enter GRI: "89700 GRI"
- Start Acquisition: "1 MASTER"
- LEDs should go to ACQUIRE, then SETTLE, finally TRACKING
- Connect external PPS, which needs to be early with respect to the UTC second by not more than one GRI (e.g., 89.7 milliseconds for 89700).
- Align PPS outputs: "0 1_PPS_SLEW"
- Set TOD to current UTC: "HHMMSS UTC"
- If needed, enter slew using TOC_ADJUST
- Determine first TOC for the day (tycho.usno.navy.mil/lortoc.html).
- Enter it: "HHMMSS FIRST_TOC"
- Enter "1 BEGIN_TOC" to start synchronization
- Synchronization is finished when TOC LED turns green
After doing TOC synchronization, the total delay (receiver electroniss plus propagation) can be seen by connecting an on-time PPS signal to EXT PPS IN and then entering TRACK DATA 9. In my case, tracking the Dana, IN GRI 89700 master from 284.182KM (176.583M) away, I'm seeing a total delay of 1001.18 microseconds.
To see current values, enter TRACK_DATA and the number below.
EXCEPT -- "TRACK_DATA 1" disables front panel switches, and "TRACK_DATA 0" enables them.
To set other values, enter value, then TRACK_DATA, then number. For example, to set time constant to 3200 GRI, enter "0 TRACK_DATA 6".
0 Front Panel Switch Enable 1 Front Panel Switch Lockout 2 Noise Number 3 Receiver Gain 4 Frequency Offset 5 Cycle Number 6 Time Constant (default is 2, 800 GRI):
0 3200 GRI 1 1600 GRI 2 800 GRI 3 400 GRI 4 200 GRI 7 Accumulated Phase Shift ("0 TRACK_DATA 7" to clear) 8 Receiver Status Bits ("0 TRACK_DATA 8" clears BLINK LED and other errors):
1 Acquisition in Progress 2 Tracking strobe and fixed PPS not aligned 3 TOC sync not started or did not occur 4 Loss of external reference 5 Station Blinking 6 Cycle Error 7 Gain Change 8 Not Yet Tracking 9 Time difference from fixed PPS and external PPS
The CLEAR key cancels data entry and clears keyboard and display when "--HELP--" is displayed.
|2||Strobe/PPS Sync Error|
|3||TOC Not Reached|
|4||Ext. Ref. Lost|