[time-nuts] Looking for interconnection information for Spectracom 8171A clock

Carl Walker wa1raj at arrl.net
Tue Apr 5 20:25:49 EDT 2005

Greetings. I've got a Spectracom 8171A WWVB clock, and an 8164 WWVB
Frequency Standard, but am lacking the manual on the clock. I'm looking
for the pin connection information for the 15 pin Molex connector on the
back of the clock unit that receives the demodulated time code from the
Frequency Standard receiver.

Taking a quick look at the innards of the clock reveals that the
connector is pinned quite differently than the 15 pin Molex on the back
of the Frequency Standard - making life a little more complex than a
straight through cable.

If anyone has some information on this unit I'd appreciate it - the
usual Internet search is providing little of value on this subject.

Thanks,

-Carl