[time-nuts] connections for HP 10811A ?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Apr 21 11:06:39 EDT 2005

Well, that's certainly interesting.  Maybe the Agilent counsel should
include this tidbit in their threatening letters, to avoid the loss of
goodwill that's happening as a result of the BAMA takedown notice.

If they are trying to ensure that all of the manuals out there are
standardized and officially sanctioned copies, available to anyone on a
reasonable basis, then I'm all for that.

I just wrote to Manuals Plus to see if they've heard anything from Agilent.
They have some substantial business interests at stake, more so than the
usual eBay CD hawkers.  If you order a set of HP 8566B manuals from them,
which come in four three-ring binders full of foldout sheets that amount to
the size of metro-area telephone books, they will actually print them on
demand at near-OEM quality.  I can't imagine what it must cost to buy and
operate the scanning/printing equipment needed to do that.

I don't have a large library here, but I do have a few dozen HP manuals that
the Agilent folks are welcome to if they'll make them available for free or
at nominal cost to hobbyists.  Is there a list anywhere of manuals that they
are looking for?

-- john KE5FX