[time-nuts] RE: [Manual_Exchange] HP woes.

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Apr 21 17:36:39 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Manual_Exchange at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Manual_Exchange at yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Chip_User
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:26 AM
To: Manual_Exchange at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Manual_Exchange] HP woes.

There may be a way to get HP's blessings for selling/distributing (pdf)
manuals.  Take a look at this item on ebay.  The seller declares
"Reproduced with Permission, Courtesy of Agilent Technologies, Inc."

Here's the result of my conversation with Manuals Plus (forwarded by
permission):

Hello John,

We had not seen or heard anything about this until your e-mail but rest easy

as several years ago we obtained after trying for a long time the writt en

permission to copy and distribut the older no longer supported equipement

manauls. They do not give that easily as they feel unless they are sure the

copies or reprints as we call them are good ones they would be bad for their

name and you proably have noticed as required we put our name on the manual

so there is no mistake where it came from.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it is very interesting but

you will as in the past be able to obtain manuals from Manuals Plus

completely within the law.

Dixie

MANUALS PLUS

130 No. Cutler Dr.

No. Salt Lake City, UT 84054

ph: 801-936-7000

fax: 801-936-7004

YOU CAN NOW ORDER ONLINE, FROM

OUR WEBSITE, USING ANY MAJOR

CREDIT CARD

www.manualsplus.com

We accept any major credit cards, checks,

money orders and purchase orders

(with an established account)

We ship via Fed Ex, UPS and US Mail.

Price quted are in US dollars.