[time-nuts] What are people paying for Stanford PRS10 rubidium standards?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed Apr 27 06:15:59 EDT 2005

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <426F4647.4020004 at onetel.net>, David Kirkby writes:
>

>>>I find that if I always assume the worst, then I seldom get disappointed, and
>>>this has generally worked fine for me.
>>
>>But if you always assume the worst, you would never buy anything on
>>eBay. I know many people who will not use it at all, as they assume the
>>worst.
>

> Not so.  It just means that there are a lot of people I don't buy from.
> Most of my measurement equipment comes from eBay, and so far I've not been
> disappointed because I set my expectations reasonably.

But a worst case is that someone will just not deliver the goods, or
give you a load of rubbish - perhaps a load of bricks!!

The guy selling this "HP 10811A"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7505853855

is I admit a rare example (for me anyway), as he sent me an 10811-60111
and has asked that I pay the carrige to return it. I've told him I don't
see why I should, since it was his mistake to send a different item from
what the auction was for.

eBay's insurance is next to useless, as I found out once when buying a
9GB SCSI hard drive from someone with decent feedback, who decided to
stop sending out goods and rip lots of people off.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/