[time-nuts] rubidium standard caveats?

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 16 00:44:09 EDT 2005

A  FRK-L or M100, or LPro are good units.  Make sure the buyer throws in
the I/O connector and a manual.  I beleive the best is the SRS PRS10, it
cost more, but it has great specs and it has a built in disciplining
circuit - if it hooked up to a 1 PPS from a timing GPS receiver.

Certain FE5680s should be avoided - some are custom made for the
cellular industry and they are programmable via DDS.  Nobody has been
able to supply the RIGHT programing information.  The units are also not
stock - the pinouts are different then advertised.