John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Thu Apr 20 16:44:30 EDT 2006

I do know that at one stage during the late 80's Loran-C gear became
very well priced compared to the then emerging and expensive GPS
gear, so many sailors bought them. I would not be surprised if a lot
of coastal sailing was done with Loran in the navigators station and
GPS in the hand in the cockpit.

John