[time-nuts] Thought experiment on a low cost timing board

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Feb 24 06:07:17 EST 2006

The TAPR Reflock II board (designed by Luis Cupido) is shipping now and
will discipline a VCXO to 1pps, or to other frequencies.  I'm traveling
now and don't have the exact URL handy, but www.tapr.org will have a link.

I've spoken with Luis about using the Reflock to synthesize an
appropriate frequency to replace a PC clock, and he thinks that's
possible, but I don't think he's followed up on that yet (indication of
desire for it might prod him along).  The idea is that the CPLD on the
Reflock would do the 1pps discipline, as well as synthesize the desired
output frequency from the 10MHz source.

John
----