[time-nuts] Datum 9390 - Y2K update?

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Mar 11 12:07:02 EST 2006

I also purchased a version of the 9390 off of ebay last year. This one has a
rubidium inside. I asked a lot of questions about it on here, and elsewhere,
and the general consensus was that because of the week rollover it would
likely not work. Well, I entered my local coordinates after turning it on.
And, low and behold after a short while the actual date and time came up on
the display. The information on the LCD display still seems flaky as at
times it tells me that there are 2 usable satellites, or no usable
satellites, or it is doing a GPS correction. Regardless of what it says, it
always seems to lock on and always displays the correct time. It came all
the way from California so had a totally different set of initial position
coordinates programmed into it. The attached photo shows it running next to
a Z3801A. The copper mesh on the top of the Z3801A is something I put on
there in place of the original cover as it just seemed to run way too hot. I
also built a linear AC to DC power supply into the box. It was a tight fit.
Good luck with your 9390. I seemed to luck out with mine. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960