[time-nuts] Wavecrest DTS-2070C

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Mar 16 15:54:32 EST 2006

Hello Masamichi-san,

yes, changing the 100MHz to be an input should be as simple as unplugging
the SMA cable from the OCXO, unplugging the SMA cable from the rear panel 100MHz
 connector, and plugging the input cable to the unit to the rear panel
connector.

Of course this input is probably not ESD or overload protected  since  it was
designed for an internal connection, so you would need to be carefull not  to
damage it, and to meet the power output of the Vectron OCXO etc. Also, the
Vectron part has extremely low jitter (about 2.7ns on my unit), so your HP
source needs to be as good as well to have the unit meet specs.

I have seen the DTS instruments a couple of times a year on Ebay. Cheapest
one was $400, someone wanted >$10K.

One I bought was broken and service is very expensive or impossible, so  make
sure you have the seller do the internal and external calibration before  you
bid, and have him send you a picture of the LCD showing "Calibration done"
(versus "Calibration Failed"). Doing the cal only takes about 5-10min, and is
very easy to do since it is automated.

bye,
SJ