[time-nuts] Stepping up the output of an OCXO

Stephan Sandenbergh stephan at rrsg.ee.uct.ac.za
Thu Feb 1 11:34:20 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

Judging by your question - that is probably something that I should do?

Considering that you'll attenuate the 5dBm signal to about 0dBm and then
amplifying it back up to about 10dBm. My gut tells me that by attenuating
the signal before amplifying it will raise the noise floor. (I wouldn't want
to ruin my -165dB noise floor)  However, I must confess that I'm new to RF
components and sinusoidal signals, so I might be argumenting completely
wrong.

I guess I should do the math on that one.

Regards,

Stephan.