[time-nuts] FTS-1050A battery pack?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Feb 10 20:29:20 EST 2007

Hi John:

The FTS4060 uses a power supply brick to convert the AC line to 30 VDC.
That is in turn converted to a bunch of voltages by a switching mode
power supply in the physics package sub assembly.  Note that 30 VDC is a
convenient value to make a charger for a "24 volt" lead acid gel cell
type battery.  There are some very simple charger circuits based on
National Semi linear voltage regulators.

But be aware that having a lead acid battery in the same box that has a
heater leads to acid fume etching of printed circuit boards.  Guess how
I know this.  So it's best if the battery pack is outside the box with
the electronics.

Have Fun,

Brooke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com