[time-nuts] TRIMBLE GPS RECEIVER MODULE PART# B12118-13321

Robert Deliën robert at delien.nl
Tue Feb 13 14:50:10 EST 2007

> I doubt he even paid $100 each for them. If he has a few hundred of them
> he probably got them on a pallet bundle in an auction or about to be
> junked.

Exactly; If he has over 100 units it's highly unlikely he paid $100 a piece for them. Very few people would pay that kind of money for so many units. If you do, you know would know exatcly what they are, you would have a destination for them and you would be on this mailing list ;-)

> He might be able to sell a few at a premium price on eBay, but after that....

Yes, there are a number of people who are willing to $250 for them, but that number is very limited. I've seen it many times before: After selling a few at premium prices, the price rapidly drops. Remember, the highest bidder of the bunch 'wins' the auction, the bunch is more or less constant, so the next item is usually going for less than the one before.

> As for eBay fees... my calculations show about $16 - $20 for insertion +
> ending fees. PayPal takes approx another 3% of what is sent, so that's at
> least another $8. Assuming the price stays at $250... Any higher and of
> course they go up.

Make him an offer of $200 @10 pieces and don't forget to remind him he's already making a huge profit on that and that it saves him a lot of hassle.

For that price you can count me in too ;-)

For $300 I'd probably save my money for a PRS10 diciplined by a Resolution-T. (Would that be a good idea, anyone?)

Robert.