[time-nuts] GPS splitter

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 02:42:49 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/21/2007 06:13:52 W. Europe Standard Time,  N3IZN at aol.com
writes:

So I  have a bunch of these mini-circuits splitters that cover 500 - 2000
Mhz. It has continuity on all ports. Has anyone tried something like this  to
use
a single GPS antenna on 2 receivers? They both put out 5  volts on the center

pin. Maybe a cap on one of the  ports?

Hi,

I use a resistive DC-4GHz  minicircuits splitters with  success, both antenna
ports providing 5V.

I also have used just a simple BNC TEE surprisingly without any  problems
whatsoever. Sometimes that works better than an Agilent 1-to-2 splitter  since it
doesen't add any amplifier noise.

Don't connect a 3V configured GPS with a 5V one though even though the  ports
are usually overcurrent protected.

bye,
Said
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.