[time-nuts] yet more RFTG thoughts

TheInfamousFlavio at hotmail.com TheInfamousFlavio at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 03:21:10 EST 2007

Robert E. Martinson" wrote:
> ...having intermittent "NO GPS" LEDs on, on both units.

I ran into this also.  I bought my XO units later in game from the ebay
vendor that most everyone else bought from.  One unit had a the wrong card,
a 6 channel card inside of a 8 channel box.  When I hooked that 6 channel
card up independantly, it had very weak tracking of satellites.  By this I
mean, using a known working antenna via a splitter, this 6 channel card had
fewer satellites being tracking at the same time than my other 6 channel
cards.  This card would read 1 or 2 satellites and my other cards would be
reading 6 satellites

So obviously something is wrong with this card.  I suspect, someone returned
their bad card inside of one of these units to the vendor, eventhough the
claimed they don't take returns, and I got sold it because it was one of the
last ones.  The other XO unit I bought, the 8 channel card was completely
dead and had something to the effect of "broken" written on the case, but
the vendor had no problem selling it me at top dollar without telling me
that.  That vendor is very shady and is on my poop list.