[time-nuts] Question for the cesium nuts.

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Mar 16 18:46:01 EDT 2007

In message: <45FB1D31.2030200 at erols.com>
            Chuck Harris <cfharris at erols.com> writes:
: Robert Lutwak wrote:
: > There's no reason that you shouldn't see just as many CsIIIs, Cs4000s, and
: > 5071s on the used market tomorrow as you see 4040s and 506Xs today, just as
: > soon as they trickle down through the same channels as the older units did.
:
: Well, there is one reason, and that is the US DRMO discovered it is cheaper
: to destroy test equipment than it is to sell it.  So, I doubt we will ever
: again see the vast supply of surplus electronics that came from the cold war
: ramping down.

/me wonders how it is cheaper to destory a $25k clock than to sell
it...

Warner