[time-nuts] Pendulums & Atomic Clocks & Gravity & Murphy's Lesser Known Laws
rk at timing-consultants.com
Tue May 29 10:45:46 EDT 2007
Having watched the recent discussion on Pendulums & Atomic Clocks & Gravity,
I thought that I would add the following:-
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you listen to them.
2. Change is inevitable, except of course from a vending machine.
3. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
4. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
5. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something
right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
6. If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be
stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the
7. The things that come to those who wait will usually be the scraggly junk
left by those who got there first.
8. The shin bone is a device used for finding furniture in a dark room.
9. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
10. When you go into court, you are putting yourself into the hands of 12
people who weren't creative enough to get out of jury duty.
More information about the time-nuts