[time-nuts] [OT] Why did HP use a non standard connector on the 8411 Converter

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Tue Sep 11 22:13:09 EDT 2007

At 02:40 PM 9/11/2007, you wrote:
>Is there a reason to not use the standard "D" series connectors that can have
>coax connectors along with the normal contact pins?

Poor contact and connector life, imprecise alignment, lack of
precisely controlled shielding. The D connectors are not intended to
be routinely mated/unmated and become quite erratic after a few
cycles (usually 50 or so as I recall) even in a lab environment. They
also have fairly significant frequency limitations, but I cannot
recall exactly what they are.

John