[time-nuts] Scanning A Book (was Re: 10811A)

christopher hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sun Sep 16 22:25:21 EDT 2007

> I appreciate your offer to scan this book. You may be taking on more of a
> project than you bargained for. The book is paper cover, 7" by 9"
> and almost
> 1" inch thick. I am not sure how to take the fact that you were
> the only one
> who responded.
> I am sure scanning it will ruin the book.

If you are willing to destroy the book, then the best plan is to cut off the
binding and shoot it through a feeder.

(The Internet Archive is one of the experts in this area.  HP Labs works
with them in various areas on this kind of thing.)

Cutting off the spine is the cheapest method (it is the least labor) and
gives excellent results.

-ch