[time-nuts] Bush Accepts Pentagon Position on GPS

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Thu Sep 20 05:39:19 EDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:48:51 -0500, "Bill Hawkins" <bill at iaxs.net> wrote:

>); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>
>Yes, this is way off topic, unless you consider the passage of time.
>
>While I do admire Cronkite, the only true reporting was done by
>Edward R. Murrow, cigarette and all. That's before color TV.

Cronkite was simply better at lying that the rest of 'em.  That was driven home to me
during the Three Mile Island thing.  I was working at the Island at the time.  I'd go
home, turn on the TV and even recognize the TMI that he was talking about.  Being
involved in a national media event really opens one's eyes to the degree of
fabrication involved.

>Those were the days when nobody could buy a newscaster, let alone a
>major politician.

Huey P. Long.  Tammany Hall.  Ward healers.  The Battle of Athens (TN).  The various
Chicago newspaper "print for hire" scandals. Ahem.  Those rose glasses might be a
l'il too pink :-)

John
--
John De Armond