[time-nuts] Prologix and Windows 98SE

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Sep 20 12:44:46 EDT 2007

There should certainly no problem using COM3 with Win98SE.  If you aren't
using your machine's normal serial ports for anything, you might try
disabling them in the CMOS setup screen.  That may let the system assign the
Prologix board to COM1 so QBasic can see it.

On the other hand, if QBasic is hardwired to talk only to COM1/COM2, that's
pretty lame...

-- john, KE5FX