[time-nuts] M$-Vi$ta-compliant PC RTC clock card?

Maggie Leber k3xs at arrl.net
Fri Sep 21 09:14:34 EDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Didier Juges <didier at cox.net> wrote:

> We are entering an era of "Trusted Computing", which means that Microsoft
> and it's DRM friends trust that you can only do what they expressly allow
> you to do on your computer, and nothing more. Going from a tool of
> innovation to an appliance designed to maximize the rate at which money is
> transferred from your wallet to theirs.

And thus returning to the days when only those technically literate
enough to integrate their own systems will be able to own and control
them.

Don't think for a minute that DRM is mostly about music and video, the
core issue in MSFT's eyes is software. Preventing "music piracy" and
"malware" are the tools by which they will leverage into controlling
"software as a service"-- the clues are already clear in their current
licencing terms and authorization schemes.

A trenchant video commentary on "trusted computiung" here:

 http://www.lafkon.net/tc/

--
Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP, SCWCD
 http://voicenet.com/~maggie