[time-nuts] Attenuation of typical roof? (at GPS frequencies)

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Apr 1 20:59:15 EDT 2008

Some Wi-Fi hardware manuals (haha) have installation instructions and they
give rough indication of the attenuation through common obstacles such as
walls, floors and whatnot. I remember seing one of those not long ago
actually but I have no idea where it is :-(

The frequencies are close enough that it should be a useful indication of
what to expect.

An Internet search on the same subject might yield something.

Of course, every case is different, and before you do a "permanent"
installation, you may want to experiment with a long cable and do some
comparisons using the signal level indications from the GPS data, or let it
run for a dat and find out how much dropouts you got.

Didier KO4BB

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.
4:43 PM