[time-nuts] using Fury GPSDO with Rb

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 04:38:52 EDT 2008

Hi Scott,

let me reply on this list since other users are also using Rb's.

Here is a quick pointer:

1) determine EFC slope of Rb (pos = frequency goes higher with higher  EFC
voltage). Set the slope with serv:efc:slop [positive/negative]

2) Determine maximum frequency deviation at EFC = 0V (serv:coarsedac 0)
using a frequency counter

3) Determine maximum frequency deviation at EFC = 5V (serv:coarsedac  255)

4) Set Dacgain according to table in user manual depending on the frequency
difference between 2) and 3)

5) Set Integral part of loop to zero: serv:phaseco 0.0, this helps for  now

6) Set Proportional part of loop to a number that makes the unit lock as
quickly as desired without oscillation and overshoot (for example:  serv:efcs 1.0
to serv:efcs 6.0

7) Set the integral part of the loop so that the phase is driven to 0ns UTC
offset as quickly as desired without overshoot/oscillation, for example:
serv:phaseco 20.

Repeat 6) and 7) after some hours.

Hope that helps,
bye,