[time-nuts] Digital TV signals

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 17:28:51 EDT 2008

Hi Ulrich,

interesting story. A bit of history from my side:

In about 1996 I lived in Stuttgart and we measured the Hs frequencies  of the
German TV stations at the time. I used a Philips SAA7111 or similar Video
decoder's 27,0MHz output (which is line-locked to Hs) to measure the  frequency.

SAT1, and others such as RTL  etc were off, some by several  ppm(!), still
within PAL standards, but totally offset from any type of  accurate frequency
standard.

I was shocked how bad it was.

ZDF and other government channels were quite good at the time, and had  very
little offset to one another.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 4/16/2008 09:13:36 Pacific Daylight Time,