[time-nuts] 5 MHZ PIC PPS Divider?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Apr 16 20:53:44 EDT 2008

Hi Bruce:

The A/D used is only 12 bits @ 300 kHz and Linear now has very similar 12 bit
A/D at 600 kHz and 24 bit much slower.  Since a s/h is used to capture the ramp
value the key spec seems to be that the hold time exceeds the conversion time.
  Are there s/h circuits that hold for more than 130 ms?

Hard to say what "hold" means when talking about 24 bit conversions.  I'm not
sure of how droop would effect the result.

I'm asking because the LTC2400 is about $8 compared to the LTC1273A for $25.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html  Products I make and sell
http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml  All my web pages listed based on html name