[time-nuts] Power monitoring

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Thu Apr 17 17:49:41 EDT 2008

Quoth Hal Murray at 2008-04-18 03:40...
> My power went out the other day.  That reminded me that I've always been
> slightly curious about that area.
>
> Are there any not-expensive boxes made for this?  Or something that shows up
> on eBay occasionally?

Firstly, I'll second the suggestion to use 1-Wire for the environmental
monitoring.  Resources:
<http://www.weathertoys.net> 'Weather Toys' - this excellent book
describes how to build a 1-Wire weather station.  See also the links
page on the author's site.

My APC UPS monitors line voltage and always tells me when it blips or
goes out of range (and by how much).  Serial connection to my (Linux)
server running apcuspd:
<http://www.apcupsd.org/>

Cheers

Matthew Smith