[time-nuts] Disciplining Rubidium

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Thu Apr 24 18:27:44 EDT 2008

Thanks to all for the interesting discussion. I understand that,
having a thunderbolt, I might feel free to delay a bit (or even cancel)
my Rb disciplining project.

A last question to tvb. You said that

version will show little or no deviation. The GPS-XO version,
on the other hand, will probably show a sudden deviation in
phase and frequency, lasting seconds to minutes.

Why the XO in a GPS-Rb-XO version should not bear this problem?
I understand that Rb itself shouldn't, but what about the controlled XO?
(I have an interest in orientation sensitivity of measuring instruments).
Thanks,

Antonio I8IOV