[time-nuts] Trimble T'BoltMon Software

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Mon Apr 28 07:56:45 EDT 2008

Two versions of the T'BoltMon software are available at the Trimble website.

V2.60 for the older Thunderbolt can be found at:

http://www.trimble.com/tmg_thunderbolt_ts.asp?Nav=Collection-2357

V3.16 for the Thunderbolt E can be found at:

http://www.trimble.com/thunderbolte_ts.asp

Both work with windows and seem to be identical with my older OEM
Thunderbolt.

CAVEAT: If the T'Bolt is powered ON, while the PC is booting up, The
mouse can act erratically.
My solution is to isolate the T'Bolt serial line with a RS-232 serial
switch.
I suspect that streaming RS-232 data confuses the computer to think that
the NMEA data is from the mouse.
To monitor the T'Bolt with the software, I enable the RS-232 line with
the switch box.

My PC only has 1 RS-232 serial port, so using the external switch box is
handy for other applications,
and more cost effective than a PCI or PCI-E serial card.

Stan, W1LE    FN41sr   Cape Cod

ZZZZz