[time-nuts] Datum Efratom LPRO Rubidium Lamp removal

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Thu Jan 3 12:41:11 EST 2008

Hi all,
does anybody out there have any experience in replacing the lamp on an LPRO rubidium oscillator?
I have two LPROs, one working and another which reads "lamp volt" = zero. I feel it is not a matter of lamp, as the lamp housing doesn't heat (it should). I would try swapping the lamps between the two units for diagnosis, at least to know if I could rely on a spare lamp from the faulty unit, but before attempting to loose the bolt which holds the lamp into its housing I would like to know if this could damage it.
By the way, does anybody have the schematics of LPRO?
Thanks,
Antonio I8IOV