[time-nuts] Slightly OT: inexpensive USB analog-digitalconverter?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Jan 16 21:00:27 EST 2008

Is it just me, or is there a huge hole in the DAQ marketplace for a
high-resolution, low-noise, low-to-moderate cost, _medium_-speed acquisition
dongle?

I've been planning to build a 100+ dB 24-bit USB DAQ interface around the
AD7760 for some time now, which would be good from DC-1 MHz.  That would be
something like having a high-end sound card input with a 2.5-megasample ADC
instead of an audio ADC.

The only thing that's stopped me so far is the FPGA and USB interfacing
work...

-- john, KE5FX