[time-nuts] Rb references for audiophiles?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:39:44 EDT 2008

Try putting the output of a CD or FM radio signal into a FFT based waterfall display.  An amazing number of songs, etc have very prominent 15734KHz and/or 15.625KHz harmonics that are obviously from CRT monitors in the recording booth.  Recording engineers ain't what they used to be...

You can easily tell what continent the piece was mastered on.  Some pieces have both PAL and NTSC flyback signals...  they were mixed from recordings done on both continents.  Anybody know where I can get a (less than $40,000) patch cable that can remove CRT flyback noise from  my rubidium clocked Walkman?