[time-nuts] Thunderbolt - temperature

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 19:13:04 EDT 2008

My Thunerbolt is sitting on the floor.  It is covered by an upside down cardboard box.  This added mayby 1 C to the temperature reading.  It hovers around 40C (when my unit in the red metal box was open,  it was around 32C).  My temperature plot typically shows a sine wave shape with around 300 millidegrees peak-peak cycles lasting around 30 minutes or so.

A strange anomaly shows up occasionally in the temperature plot.  You occasionally see a 100 millidegree instantaneous positive spike in the data.  The temperature then decays over 30 seconds back to the original curve.  This occurs on all of my units.  They are all different revisions with different power supplies.  The spikes seem uncorrelated with any external events.