[time-nuts] Thunderbolt monitor

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Thu Jul 17 00:43:17 EDT 2008

Interesting, I can show you my two VCRs with dim displays (Panasonic and
JVC, both about 10 years old and on 24/7), and I have used a number of the
Noritake VFDs in an application where the devices have been on 24/7 since
2000. In that application, only 2, 3 or 4 digits are on all the time, the
other digits are only used for a special test mode and have probably less
than one hour total of operation in 8 years. The digits that are on all the
time have dimmed appreciably, but are still readable. The digits that are
not normally used are extremely dim when operated, where they are unreadable
in normal light.

I have not asked the manufacturer about that, since the units are well
beyong varranty, we just replace the displays.

Didier