[time-nuts] cesium Zeeman frequencies

wje wje at quackers.net
Sat Jul 19 16:31:47 EDT 2008

Thanks all. I reviewed some physics on this, and now it makes sense.
Corby, my 5061A is an oldie, it has the early synthesizer that has the
UTC offset correction, which I've set to match atomic time (L2095 on the
switches).

The tube was replaced in '82. So, I need to verify that the C-field
current was also adjusted to match the new 76 mGauss setting, right?.
Looks like my synthesizer frequency is 12.6317715, so possibly not. This
could also explain the 100ps/sec drift wrt my Z3801A. You don't happen
to know the proper value for the resistor, do you?

Hmm... I wonder if my synthesizer can do ..725 Mhz. I've been toying
with the idea of building a new synthesizer using modern a modern
digital PLL, going so far as to lay out a PCB for it. Maybe I should
follow through on that.

Bill Ezell
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.