[time-nuts] Thunderbolt PSU

David Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 12:17:51 EDT 2008

Bill Janssen wrote:
> On my unit White is Common for the other voltage leads and blue is not used.

Yes Bill,

Now I've had a bit of a poke round, the white is common, it's connected
to the ground plane on the main PCB, and the blue wire is cut off just
behind the grommet.

My Thunderbolt lives!  The replacement PSU seems to be working like a
charm and my trusty old MF1000 frequency counter (bought in the 1980s)
is showing that the 10MHz output is 10.00003MHz.  Which I don't think is
bad for such an old piece of test gear that has never been recalibrated
since I bought it.

Next job is to find that software that was mentioned for looking at the
output from the 9 pin D socket.  Although, I seem to think someone said
it was RS442 not RS232?

I'm using a 5V powered antenna that I got with some Aisin GPS boards
many years ago.  Next job is to make an SMA socket to F-Type plug
adapter cable for the motorola antenna.

Dave (G0DJA)