[time-nuts] A fan for the Z3801A

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Jul 27 15:30:14 EDT 2008

Hello Murray,

moving air also affects the DAC and voltage reference, so while your OCXO
may perform flawlessly, the EFC voltage can vary.

For example capacitors have a thermal voltage on them, Elkos more so  than
Tantalum, etc all the way down to COG. Thus filter capacitors can  affect EFC
voltage when you point moving air on them. Then there are all the  thermocouples
in the solder junctions and cabling, and the other parts..

BTW: the lowest power GPSDO is not the Trimble unit you mentioned - as  far
as I know it is our FireFly GPSDO which only consumes a meager 1.35W at room
temperature, and it also uses an OCXO.

Bye,
Said

In a message dated 7/27/2008 11:56:04 Pacific Daylight Time,