[time-nuts] SR620 fails in Self Calibration routine 07

Jim Robbins jsrobbins at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 9 00:56:49 UTC 2008

My SR620 fails in its Self Calibration routine at "Cal Error 07".  The Users Manual describes this error as a problem with the "Start TAC" (Time to Amplitude Converters) and indicate that this flags a Hardware problem in the circuits which perform the analog interpolation between the 90 MHz clock ticks.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Is this a repair shop problem or user correctable?  I am unable to find a "Service Manual" for this unit also.  Many thanks for any input.  Jim Robbins