[time-nuts] COMPLETELY off topic - but I know you'll read it anyway.

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 12:10:52 UTC 2008

OK I have an interesting but simple problem that has nothing to do with
time. But I'm sure someone on this list will know. And besides I can't be
stuffed finding another list with such a good S/N ratio.

In my spare time I play in a band.

I have a 1000W amplifier that can be either two 500W stereo channels or a
single 1000W mono running in "bridged" mode. (Basically one channel
amplifies the upper part of the sine curve and the other the lower.)

The amp can drive speakers down to 4 ohms.

I have two 8 ohm speakers.

The source is mono.

Do I run each 8 ohm speaker on its own 500W channel?

or

Do I run in bridged mode and put the two speakers in parallel onto the 1000W
amplifier?

Any takers?

Regards,

Jim