[time-nuts] What's the time Mr Wolf...

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 30 21:07:15 UTC 2008

As I recall, the lunar gravity force is on the order of a few ppm of "g" (and I assume solar force is comparable).

So, the period of a pendulum does vary according to the time of day and phase of moon. (about a ppm or so)

I seem to recall that acceleration sensitivity of a crystals is on the order of a ppb/g, so the effect on a XO of the moon is down in the 1E-15 range..

Jim