[time-nuts] P word in my mails

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Wed Apr 1 12:48:57 UTC 2009

Steve,

after I read your mail I have been completely perplexed because I could by
no stretch of imagination detect where you had found the aforesaid P word in
my mail. It needed the help of some English speaking friends and a search in
my last mails to find out that I have (possibly over a range of more than 30
years) used an American 5 letter word in another sense than most/all of you
seem to interprete it.

I HAVE seen the aforesaid word on some doors during my visits to he United
States and I HAVE understood the meaning of the word in this context. But I
swear that I have not been aware of the fact that the aforesaid word is used
EXCLUSIVELY for the location behind these doors. If I had been aware of that
I would have never used this word in a conversation because that is simply
not my style.

Instead, I have been believing (and I swear this is the truth) that the
aforesaid word is used by a gentlemen to address a group of other gentlemen
just as a "Hi folks" among noble people but avoiding the highly offical
salutation "Gentlemen", in a sense a laid-back use of "Gentlemen".

Clearly this is a mistake of mine that I cannot other than to apologize for!
If anyone of you has felt offended or in any other way been affected by my
wrong use of this word: Sorry for that, that was NOT my intention in using
this term. I have started a lot of my posts to this group with this word
because of the high s/n ratio to be found here and the extremely well
educated people in the group that I hold in high regard.

Someone should have told me before! If you find this word in one of my
earlier posts substitute it with "Gentlemen" because that is what was ment.

Thank you Steve for pointing at that. If you had not done it I would
propably have used the word in a wrong sense for the rest of my life.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert