[time-nuts] NIST Time & Frequency Seminar

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Apr 9 14:52:48 UTC 2009

In message: <f616e0f80904090715p5525f6aeueb51267e207d7a3a at mail.gmail.com>
            Jim Palfreyman <jim77742 at gmail.com> writes:
: Damn I would love to go to that. But the US$1900 would be cheap bikkies
: compared to my airfare and accommodation!

Commuting down US-36 every day to go to the conference is no picknick
either :)

It is a good conference...

Warner

: 2009/4/10 Skip Withrow <swithrow at idcomm.com>
:
: >
: > Hello Time Nuts,
: >
: > I recently became aware of the NIST Time & Frequency Seminar coming up
: > shortly and looked it up as it sounded interesting (to a time-nut) and is
: > almost in my back yard (well, at least commuting distance).  You can check
: > out the web page at http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/seminars/T&Foverview.html.
: >
: > It all sounds very cool, UNTIL YOU CHECK OUT THE PRICE!  Sure, I could see
: > $300-$400 (which would still be pretty rich for my budget), but $1900?
: > Obviously our tax dollars are not subsidizing this function.
: >
: > If anyone knows how to procure a discounted registration I would be most
: > interested in hearing from you.
: >
: > Regards,
: > Skip Withrow