[time-nuts] Spring cleaning and antenna placement

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 13 15:32:48 UTC 2009

brooke at pacific.net skrev:
> Hi Magnus:
>
> Why not just put the GPS antenna at the top of the existing TV mast?
> http://www.prc68.com/I/Ant.shtml#SBant

It would be a little bit of a challenge... I think I have some 4-5 meter
of additional heigth, the tiling is slippery and then antenna rig is
kind of heavy, so it is not one of those things you do alone. At least I
don't do it alone... I'm not a well trained radio amateur and the
rooftop is not very well suited for elaborate exercises...

I sure would like to have things like safety-line when working up there.
I don't feel that safe up there.

Cheers,
Magnus