[time-nuts] Some pics of the Datron 491x DC reference cell

wje wje at quackers.net
Sun Feb 1 19:07:32 UTC 2009

I've uploaded some photos of the Datron 10 volt cell and reference
board, as requested by a few members.
I've kept them full-resolution so you can see fine detail. But, that
means they are about 3 mb each.
The schematics for the cell board I previously posted are also still on
the FTP site.

DatronCell.jpg is an image of the entire cell board. The reference board
is piggybacked on it. Note the thermal shield around the LTZ1000, and
the completely shielded sections on the board. Those contain the digital
circuitry. The cell board itself goes into a shielded enclosure along
with the other three cells and the output buffer amp.

DatronLTZCloseup.jpg is exactly that, a closeup of the LTZ with thermal
shield removed. The interesting detail here is the mounting. Note the
cutouts on the board to provide thermal isolation. This board is also
very thin; I didn't measure it, but it's on the order of 0.5 - 1 mm thick.

DatronRefCloseup.jpg is a closeup image of the rest of the reference board.

The ref board is permanently soldered in place on the cell board, so I
can't show the back of it.

The ftp login is:

ftp ftp.quackers.net
login: ftp at quackers.net
password: (none required)

Or, directly from a browser. I know this works for Firefox, I haven't
tried it with anything else:

ftp://ftp@quackers.net:ftp@ftp.quackers.net/

Some of you are also waiting for the schematic for the LTZ board itself;
I'm recreating it now (since I lost it) and will post when ready.

--
Bill Ezell