[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Window

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 2 01:04:11 UTC 2009

John Miles skrev:
> Ah, I should have mentioned that.  You need to run it on a desktop that's at
> least one 'standard size' larger than the window, or my graphics library
> will halve the size of the window, which renders the text unreadable.

I think a more flexible fashion of setting size would be a good thing.
The preferred fasion is always being able to do standard resize by
dragging the edge, but saying x*y size at command line kind of works.

> The text is still pretty cramped when running normally, but it's not a
> standard Windows font -- it's a hardwired 8x8 raster font that's part of an
> ancient platform-independent graphics library I wrote back when the Win95
> Chicago beta came out.  So unfortunately there are no real options for
> improvement there without rewriting a bunch of code to use actual Windows
> fonts.

Avoiding the shrinking should be the main thing to do then, in this case
it hurts more than it helps.

Oh... The oscillator ADEV positions at 2000 s and 5000 s is displaced
over the 500s and 1000s respectively, 2 digits too much to the left and
halfway up on the mentioned values, seems like 16 left and 16 up if the
font is 8 x 8 as you say.

> One thing that would help is running it in fullscreen mode, which I forgot
> to enable.  Grab the newest build at http://www.ke5fx.com/tbolt/setup.exe
> and add an -f option to your Windows shortcut if you want it to start in
> fullscreen mode (or just use alt-Enter or the maximize button to toggle
> fullscreen mode after running.)  Especially if you use it with /vs, the font
> will appear much larger than it does in a window.

Fullscreen works. Usefull. Dropping shrinking and making size more
flexible would be beneficial. I haven't checked if the fullscreen
version has the position bug mentioned above... I will see in the morning.

Cheers,
Magnus