[time-nuts] rockwell gps chipset datasheet?

francesco messineo francesco.messineo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:42:26 UTC 2009

Hi Roberto,

On 2/17/09, Roberto Barrios <rbarrioss at msn.com> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
>  The Rockwell 11577-11 is found in most TU-DXXX Rockwell-Jupiter GPS
>  receivers. I've never seen anything like a RF switch on them, but you could
>  have a custom or exotic one :). What they do have most times is a model
>  number etched or printed on the PCB. Doesn't yours have one?

the PCB is custom made from an italian company, I could try to ask
them if they still exists, but it's very difficult that they release
any info about it anyway.
The RF switch is there to software select one of two antennas,
probably for redundancy, given the particular application for which it
has been made.

>  You can find a few Rockwell GPS datasheets here, where you can compare yours
>  with the pictures: http://www.gpskit.nl/downloads-nl.htm

I already seen this site, but there's no component level datasheet, on
my board only the two rockwell chips have been used, and probably in a
custom design.

Best regards

Frank IZ8DWF