[time-nuts] HP3048A Phase Noise Test System

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Mon Mar 2 17:14:11 UTC 2009

Hardware can be inexpensive. An Australian firm called Softmark sells an
USB to GPIB interface on ebay for about $35 or so. I have one, and it
works. Software is another problem entirely. If you do not have the source
code for the Hp program, you will need the manual for the 3048 with all
the needed info. I've found the GPIB to be difficult sometimes. The
Softmark comes with a dll that can be used with Visual Basic; I'd advise
VB6. Good luck.
Don

Martyn Smith