[time-nuts] GPS disciplined mechanical clocks

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 12:46:02 UTC 2009

2009/3/5 Martin Richmond-Hardy <martinrh45 at googlemail.com>:
> Steve,See http://www.britishtelephones.com/clocks/exchange.htm and
> http://www.britishtelephones.com/clocks/clock36.htmMight give you a few
> construction ideas.

Thanks. Now that would make an impressive item in the house. I do
remember the exchange slave clocks in the exchanges when I first
worked for BT way back at the beginning of the 70's. There was
probably one of the master units somewhere safe in the exchanges but I
can't remember seeing them.

As for accuracy, it's hardly time-nuts standard at "Clock No, 36 to
keep G.M.T. to an accuracy of 8 seconds variation per week"

> "Ah, they don't make them like this any more. It's the wood, you know, you
> can't get the wood." H.Crun.

And the brass, you can't get brass like that anymore :)