[time-nuts] About HP10544A

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 8 20:04:00 UTC 2009

Didier wrote:

> [...]
Didier

The 5345A buffer is actually a CC stage feeding a CB stage with a CE
(with series feedback) output stage.
Total reverse isolation will probably be somewhere in the vicinity of
100dB or so.
However coupling via the bias circuitry will reduce this somewhat.

Cascading 3 ECL line receivers (longtailed pair plus output emitter
follower buffers) in a single package as in the 5370A should achieve a
reverse isolation of 60dB or so per stage, but package parasitics and
coupling through the internal bias regulator etc will limit this to a
somewhat lower value.

Bruce