[time-nuts] FEI 5680a status update

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 03:23:48 UTC 2009

Hello Dan,

I think the C-field pot is the one accessible through the hole in the outer cover.  If you don't have the cover,  it is on one side of the physics package can near the top, center.

I never messed with the reset pin.  The RS-232  interface works just fine.  Most of my units are the version without the DB-9 connector.  They have the RS-232 level converter chip and use the S,F interface.   If you ever got any S,F data out of your device,  that is the interface that it uses.

I do have one unit that is probably like yours.  It has the DB-9 connector (but I don't think it has the level converter chip).  It is set for 15 MHz.  I have not used it,  so I don't know any details...